8 replies to this topic

#1 2neighbors

2neighbors

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, gardening, Growing grapes

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Looking for 6 Isabella vines to plant out front for decoration. Harvesting grapes from them would certainly be a bonus. Please let me know if there are any out there for sale. I know I will have to wait till Spring to plant right?

#2 bret

bret

Hesed Vineyards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2203 posts
  • Interests:Reading the Bible. Tending vineyard. Making wine. Playing w/my English Bulldogs. Practicing medicine.

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Welcome to the forum, 2neighbors.

Take a look at the Double A website: http://doubleavineyards.com

Their site shows Isabella currently sold out, but that doesn't mean they won't have any for Spreing planting 2012 (that's when you should plant). Maybe send them an email; they're a reputable business with very healthy vines and good customer service. I just emailed them today about Isabella vines as well.

Add your location to your profile. It helps us help you.

Good luck in your Isabella hunt.

-Bret

Bret A. Moore, Southwest Nebraska

#3 saramc

saramc

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1433 posts
  • Interests:If it ferments, I'm interested: WINE, yogurt, milk&water kefir, kombucha & vinegar, not big on beer but I do occassionally enjoy it. Collector of ficus carica. Enjoy reading, knitting and would like to learn how to weave.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Double A is MOST courteous. Their website said their Elvira was out of stock...but I emailed them, told them the reason I needed the vine (nostalgia, ailing parent) & it was shipped the next day. Plus, they have the most rhubarb varieties I have EVER seen in one place!!! Fabulous people, great grapes. When customers at the winery I work with ask where to source grapes, we send them to Double A.

Welcome to the forum!!
~Sara~ Made 71.5 gallons of wine in 2011--my first year in winemaking & I loved every minute of it!!
Amateur Winemakers Of Louisville: http://www.facebook....37454883025144/

#4 Wade's Wines

Wade's Wines

Colonel Wade, Bottle Brigade, 3rd Glass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16390 posts
  • Interests:Winemaking
    Auctioneering
    Woodcarving
    Brewing
    Kayaking

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

I give cuttings away when I prune. Last year I gave away 500+ Isabella cuttings. But I try hard not to ship, don't have time to get to the post office. So if anyone wants to stop by any time after December, I'd fix anyone up with some. My vines and cuttings aren't certified disease free, so the smart thing to do is buy from Double A if you can get them. I just placed another order there and I think if the catalog says sold out they're sold out for planting in 2012.

Where are you located?
Tennessee Auctioneer, makin' wines and growin' vines!
The Best of Times is Now! :0)

#5 bret

bret

Hesed Vineyards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2203 posts
  • Interests:Reading the Bible. Tending vineyard. Making wine. Playing w/my English Bulldogs. Practicing medicine.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

I tried to order 5 Isabella vines this Spring (2011) from Double A Vineyards, but they were out. I just got an email that they're shipping my Isabella vines Spring 2012, since they were out this year.

For what it's worth, I tried to get the Isabellas in January, and they sold out before then, so if you want them, I'd email Double A soon.

-Bret
Bret A. Moore, Southwest Nebraska

#6 2neighbors

2neighbors

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, gardening, Growing grapes

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

I am located in North central PA. Do you think cuttings from Tennessee would survive in PA?

#7 Wade's Wines

Wade's Wines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16390 posts
    Auctioneering
    Woodcarving
    Brewing
    Kayaking

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

I think Isabella's Isabella. Mine came from New York and with all our heat and humidity they've made themselves right at home.

#8 ZosoMike

ZosoMike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

I give cuttings away when I prune. Last year I gave away 500+ Isabella cuttings. But I try hard not to ship, don't have time to get to the post office. So if anyone wants to stop by any time after December, I'd fix anyone up with some. My vines and cuttings aren't certified disease free, so the smart thing to do is buy from Double A if you can get them. I just placed another order there and I think if the catalog says sold out they're sold out for planting in 2012.

Where are you located?

Sent you a PM on your cuttings....

Mike

#9 Wade's Wines

Wade's Wines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16390 posts
    Auctioneering
    Woodcarving
    Brewing
    Kayaking

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users