#1 Howie

Howie

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4102 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:52 AM

Peach Cake
This recipe is a variation on the Peach Muffin recipe, doubled and can be used to make a tube cake.

4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup Brown sugar (or white sugar plus cup molasses)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
3 - 15 oz cans sliced peaches

Beat eggs and oil together. Open cans of peaches and drain juice into egg/oil mixture. Slice the peaches from the contents of one of the cans in half, lengthwise, and arrange them in the bottom of a lightly oiled tube pan. Chop the remaining 2 cans of peaches into small pieces and add to the reserved juice (along with molasses, if using). In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add contents of liquid bowl. Stir until just blended. Pour into tube pan, over the sliced peaches. Bake 45 minutes at 375 (in my convection oven).
NOTE: If using fresh peaches, peel, slice and chop them as necessary. Then cook in a syrup or equal parts water and sugar and freeze in bags until ready to use.
Howie Hart

#2 Wade's Wines

Wade's Wines

Colonel Wade, Bottle Brigade, 3rd Glass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16138 posts
  • Interests:Winemaking
    Auctioneering
    Woodcarving
    Brewing
    Kayaking

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Sounds good Howie!
Tennessee Auctioneer, makin' wines and growin' vines!
The Best of Times is Now! :0)

#3 Russll

Russll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Canning, Cooking, Hunting, Fishing, Knife making, Sword collecting, Computers, and now Winemaking

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

Peach Cake
This recipe is a variation on the Peach Muffin recipe, doubled and can be used to make a tube cake.

4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup Brown sugar (or white sugar plus ¼ cup molasses)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
3 - 15 oz cans sliced peaches

Beat eggs and oil together. Open cans of peaches and drain juice into egg/oil mixture. Slice the peaches from the contents of one of the cans in half, lengthwise, and arrange them in the bottom of a lightly oiled tube pan. Chop the remaining 2 cans of peaches into small pieces and add to the reserved juice (along with molasses, if using). In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add contents of liquid bowl. Stir until just blended. Pour into tube pan, over the sliced peaches. Bake 45 minutes at 375 (in my convection oven).
NOTE: If using fresh peaches, peel, slice and chop them as necessary. Then cook in a syrup or equal parts water and sugar and freeze in bags until ready to use.

I will be stealing (err borrowing) this now.....sounds delicious and I just put up 30 pints of fresh peaches
Vernon R. Lukovich Currently have 1.5 gallons of Apple in secondary , 1.5 gallons of Muscadine in secondary, 3additional gallons of Muscadine in primary, .5 gallon of what I call apple surprise, currently in primary (very much an experiment) and 1 gallon of JAOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users