2 replies to this topic

#1 Elayne

Elayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:35 PM

Hi there:

Since we are in the thick of the maple syrup season here in Nova Scotia, I thought I would like to make a batch of maple wine, preferably not ice wine...but who knows at this stage.

Any recipes for this style of wine would be gretly appreciated.
Thanks.

Elayne

#2 jwingo

jwingo

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:41 PM

Jack Keller has a recipe on his web site. http://winemaking.ja.../request132.asp
If you make it let us know how that works out for you
jeff
Just another rawk star/music teacher/Financial Performance Analyst who makes wine and loves to drink.

#3 12percent

12percent

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:34 PM

I'm still waiting for the weather to cooperate 'round here. We've got a freakin' snowstorm blowing thru today and all the taps are frozen from what little ran yesterday.
Hoping for 30+ gallons of sap this year.
I'm planning on several batches -one using Jack's adapted recipe, another using just maple sap reduced to 30% sugar -dry and a third as high alc (18%+) sweet using just maple syrup. Add the usual amt of acid blend as needed and yeast nutrient. I'm thinking a neutral yeast like EC1118 would work good for holding the flavor thru fermentation.
A friend of mine made some a few years ago which was very good -still waiting for him to email me his recipe but will post it when rec'd.
Maple syrup has so much delicate flavor it seems a shame to add anything else to it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users