#1 Hammered

Hammered

Garagiste

• WinePress.US Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6773 posts
  • Interests:Turning can't into done.

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

For the past nine years, with one year off for a hiatus, I've been making various versions of Paella for our extended family dinner for 12. It's been evolving each year, and this year I think it was the best ever. First photo is before the seafood is added and the rice has begun to absorb the stock. Second is the finished version.

Wines were a Ledson Red, and a 3TC Malbec, Ste. Michelle Brute and 3TC Jeter de Feux (sparkling), some mixed with Strawberry wine. Finished off with a 3TC Petit Sirah Port.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Steve, Garagiste
HomebuiltWinery.com

#2 K-9

K-9

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2189 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

wow! looks nice. I never ate that dish before. I love shrimp! Wine selection sounds great too!

#3 Howie

Howie

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4007 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

mmm.... paella!! I've only had it once, and it was in Seattle, during one of my previous visits to my son. Here is a link to my post (with pictures) on Wine Lovers Page: http://www.winelover...=24433&p=208841. Incidentally, the lady making the paella comes here on occasion and makes a very nice blackberry port. I've been meaning to get a paella pan ever since, but keep putting it off.
Howie Hart

#4 kcdc

kcdc

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

Jimbob and I are far away from our families. His father was in the army and his mother was German. So they traveled a lot and seem not to have had many traditions. My family did, but time and distance has altered several.

Yet, one thing remains from my childhood and continues to my sibling's children's lives. On Christmas morning we have "sticky buns" and pseudo-suffle. Most people will know it as "strada", but as children we re-named it. Our pseudo-suffle will be studded with sausage, mushrooms and fresh herbs. In all likelihood we will use bread that Jimbob made and eggs from our friend's chickens.

The sticky buns recipe has been in the family since my grandmother.

Nice to see these traditions passed on.

Great question

kcd
The liver it evil.
It must be punished!

#5 Dale Huff

Dale Huff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

I love Paella and I also tried cooking different version of this recipe. I've tried cooking a paella mixed with (sprite). It tasted great. By the way, I wonder how Paella tastes like with strawberry wine.
wines australia - Howard Park Wines is Western Australia's largest boutique family owned winery producing a range of handcrafted fine Australian wines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users