Hanna Ph Meters With Automatic Temperature Compensation

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 NormanCreekDoug

NormanCreekDoug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Growing grapes, making wine, drinking wine. Woodworking. Building things. Beekeeping. Fair weather hunting.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

I have a Hanna pHep HI 98128 - in my junk drawer. After two very frustrating seasons I gave up on it. It came from the factory with a nicked o-ring on the electrode which leaked solution into the unit. They replaced that, but then it leaked again - temperature change caused it to suck in fluid and soaked the electronics. It's a shame they make such a poor unit - I expect their pricier equipment is better quality, but I'll never buy it.

I switched to the Vinmetrica 300, have been very happy with it and highly recommend it.

#17 bantam9

bantam9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

The Vinmetrica 300 looks great.  I would love to have pH, TA, and SO2 all in one.  It might be worht the price tag, as long as it is robust and lasts.

#18 Ynot Drinkmore

Ynot Drinkmore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Wine tasting, Wine making, Corvette's, Running

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

As a follow-up on the Vinemetrica.  They have also introduced an additional ML probe.  With this new probe it attaches to the base unit and you can test ml in a few minutes.  I haven't purchased this probe yet, but it is nice to know that when they are designing new enhanced features they are making them backwards compatible versus requiring you to purchase a new unit.

Tony     

My Motto:  "Drink what you like, Like what you drink"

2013 Bottled Sierra Foothills Zinfandel and Syrah

2014 Fermenting Sierra Foothills Petite Sirah and Zinfandel

#19 GEM

GEM

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Interests:growing grapes & wine making, golf, gardening, life

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

I am just now using my Vinmetrica MLF tester. It is used in conjunction with the 300 and works pretty slick. Being the first time I have used it it has taken me an hour to read the manual, over and over, and view the video too. It takes about an hour or so to complete a test, which is not too bad. You just need to follow the direction carefully. I am a fan of the Vinmetrica! Cheers, Gary
Gary Means

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users