#1 tater1337

tater1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:Rocketry

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

recycled pallets made into a wine rack. note, this is the wrong type of pallet. I used them anyway. Also, when I screwed them together, I made sure they were offset so the imbalance will keep them against the wall without anchors, but i plan on putting them in later

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Josey Shepard

Josey Shepard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Home made fruit or Chocolate wines :)

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

recycled pallets made into a wine rack. note, this is the wrong type of pallet. I used them anyway. Also, when I screwed them together, I made sure they were offset so the imbalance will keep them against the wall without anchors, but i plan on putting them in later

Posted Image
Posted Image

It has Charactor and it works :)
Joanne

#3 tater1337

tater1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

It has Character and it works :)

better than that, it matches the character of the surroundings. Old farmhouse with feildstone basement. rack is situated in old cistern, where you can see the opening they busted out and didn't bother to do neatly :)

dulled my skillsaw blade by trying to cut thru nails in the pallet. time to get a new blade to abuse.

#4 red_feet

red_feet

Making wine since 1966

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2385 posts
  • Location:Ontario, Canada, northwest of Toronto, via Ridgeway, ON
  • Interests:winemaking, photography, canoe tripping, scuba, running, my '96 Yamaha Virago 1100, trucking, guitar

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

Isn't that where they got the expression 'skid row'? blink.gif

It looks like a good, sturdy, stable wine rack. Congrats!

Ken wave.gif
bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis (at least I like to think so)

#5 MinnesotaMaker

MinnesotaMaker

Nut (wine and otherwise)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • Interests:Winemaking, Gardening, Preserving, Old Cameras, Karaoke, Motorcycling, Hunting

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

The racks looks good. It'll look even better when it's fully filled with wine. (As a side note, when you get a moment, add your general location to your profile.)

#6 deb_rn

deb_rn

I am NOT addicted, I am NOT........

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4014 posts
  • Interests:I garden, sew, bake, craft, enjoy my cats and work as an RN at the local nursing home.

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

I have a hard time finding the right pallets around here!! They have cut outs for a forklift and ruins the stability when cutting them! I've looked at stacks of them, only to find the wrong kind! If they weren't built so tough... I'd rip them and remake them.

Debbie
KATGOTCHERTUNG WINE
#61 Blueberry #60 Mixed berry #59 Niagara #58 Moscato #57 Piesporter- kit #56 Raspberry Melomel #55 Rhubarb
#54 White Grape/Peach #53 Elder Pee #52 Elderberry #51 Black Currant Pee #50 Black Currant #49 Elderflower
#47 Dandelion #46 ELDER PEE #45 Elderberry (seconds)

#7 tater1337

tater1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

I have a hard time finding the right pallets around here!! They have cut outs for a forklift and ruins the stability when cutting them! I've looked at stacks of them, only to find the wrong kind! If they weren't built so tough... I'd rip them and remake them.

Debbie

you can use the "wrong" types, but you have to cut them different and screw sides boards on them. just wrecked a cheapo circular saw blade yesterday by trying to cut thru a nail, tommorrow I'm getting a carbide one to finish the job.

maybe tommorrow I'll take some pics with cut lines shown to illustrate how to use "wrong" pallets. It'll differ depending on pallet style tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users