• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Johnnash

Johnnash

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Location:On the edge of the Highland Rim of the Cumberland Plateau in the hills of Tennessee
  • Interests:Family, Food, Gardening, Wine making, Hunting

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

I just scored 54 clean label free in very good condition green Grolsch bottles with the easy close caps for less than $1.56 each!!! smileycheers.gif luxhello.gif :D B)

Can you say... Hard Lemonaid ?!?!?!

Been lookin for these for over a year.
This is too good.....

#2 S Hofner

S Hofner

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

I just scored 54 clean label free in very good condition green Grolsch bottles with the easy close caps for less than $1.56 each!!! smileycheers.gif luxhello.gif :D B)

Can you say... Hard Lemonaid ?!?!?!

Been lookin for these for over a year.

I have been meaning to ask if the grosch bottles are good enough for a short term use like Skeeter Pee. The World Market in Murfreesboro has a couple different types of flippies, though I think they were all clear.
Scott Hofner

#3 Briankos

Briankos

Hope I never stop learning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1593 posts
  • Interests:Making wine and sharing it with friends around the firepit, fruit gardening, the outdoors, woodworking, muscle cars. THANKS TO ALL THE VETERANS!

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

I have been meaning to ask if the grosch bottles are good enough for a short term use like Skeeter Pee. The World Market in Murfreesboro has a couple different types of flippies, though I think they were all clear.

Grolsch would be awesome for skeeter pee! you can even buy new rubber gaskets for them
! Good score, as long as you can get people to bring them back if you are giving them away!

Brian
Steven Wright: I made wine out of raisins so I wouldn't have to wait for it to age.

#4 Crazy Run Ranch

Crazy Run Ranch

_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4223 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

For around $2, you could have got them full of Grolsch. Throw a party, drink all the beer, and you would be where you are now for only $24 more smileycheers.gif

#5 Wade's Wines

Wade's Wines

Colonel Wade, Bottle Brigade, 3rd Glass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16128 posts
  • Interests:Winemaking
    Auctioneering
    Woodcarving
    Brewing
    Kayaking

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Nice score!
I have 48 blue quart-size bottles with the grolsh-type caps. (Paid over $3 each) They're perfect for beer and you can get 3 or 4 uses before replacing the gaskets. I just wish they made a wine bottle with a similar lock.
Tennessee Auctioneer, makin' wines and growin' vines!
The Best of Times is Now! :0)

#6 Johnnash

Johnnash

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Location:On the edge of the Highland Rim of the Cumberland Plateau in the hills of Tennessee

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:11 PM

Yes but I would have to remove the labels and I dont drink beer, it gives me a bad headace before I get a buzz. Besides I just dont care for the taste of light ales.

Wade
I have seen those cobalt blue bottles, they are really nice.

I have been watching them on ebay and saw some decent deals but the shipping usually gets too high, also check craigs list.
This is too good.....

#7 Cajun Cuvee Queen

Cajun Cuvee Queen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Travel, beermaking, and the wild adventure of cooking. Trying to ENJOY world cuisines without regaining ALL that weight.

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

Grolsch would be awesome for skeeter pee! you can even buy new rubber gaskets for them
! Good score, as long as you can get people to bring them back if you are giving them away!

Brian

I think I'll use my flip-tops for myself and cap regular bottles to share! Fliptops are hard to come by where I'm at, and I scored myself recently with 64 of 'em!
#8 March 2011 Red/Bronze Muscadine blend (double & single fruit batches)
#7 Bottled - Red Muscadine
#7 January 2011, Red Muscadine
#6 Bottled (Aug '10) May '10 Red & Bronze Muscadine (double fruit - recipe) :-) :-) (tasty in early 2011)

Laissez les bon temps rouler.....just don't let 'em roll over you!

If Cajun comes across a plant, fruit or vegetable, the first thing you might hear is....."Can it be fermented?"

#8 DuggerNS

DuggerNS

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing, wine making, gardening.

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

Nice score!
I have 48 blue quart-size bottles with the grolsh-type caps. (Paid over $3 each) They're perfect for beer and you can get 3 or 4 uses before replacing the gaskets. I just wish they made a wine bottle with a similar lock.

I found some flip top wine bottles locally (via Kijiji) just a while ago - they are 750 ml dark green burgandy bottles that originally had a white wine from the Veneto region of Italy - I got a dozen of these along with some 500 ml and 650 ml grolch type bottles for a buck apiece.
Any idea how long you can age wine in these?

#9 Joe_Sallo

Joe_Sallo

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:52 AM

I found some flip top wine bottles locally (via Kijiji) just a while ago - they are 750 ml dark green burgandy bottles that originally had a white wine from the Veneto region of Italy - I got a dozen of these along with some 500 ml and 650 ml grolch type bottles for a buck apiece.
Any idea how long you can age wine in these?

They say they are for short term but I had a mead in one for 12 years that was just fine so...

#10 Wade's Wines

Wade's Wines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16128 posts
    Auctioneering
    Woodcarving
    Brewing
    Kayaking

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:07 PM

Wow! Nice!

#11 Medsen Fey

Medsen Fey

Fuselier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2265 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

Lorina lemonade comes in flip top bottles that are 750 cc size. They work great! Usually Super Target has it.

Attached Files

Lanne pase toujou pi bon.
(Past years are always better)

#12 jackie

jackie

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1912 posts
  • Interests:winemaking, beer brewing, fishing, gardening

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:35 AM

I love the flip top Grolsch bottles. Can't find them around here. I have two that I use for beer and I reused them for years before replacing the gaskets. I did see two amber ones at a second-hand store but they wanted $5 each (they had them marked $10 each) and I just couldn't see that. We don't have Target here either.

#13 S Hofner

S Hofner

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:38 AM

Lorina lemonade comes in flip top bottles that are 750 cc size. They work great! Usually Super Target has it.

I'm going to run by a Super Target nearby and check them out. I normally don't shop at target due to the Corporationís political leanings, but 750 ml flippies are hard to come by around here.....
Scott Hofner

#14 Wade's Wines

Wade's Wines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16128 posts
    Auctioneering
    Woodcarving
    Brewing
    Kayaking

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:13 AM

Nice bottles! I think I'll see if I can find them anywhere but Target too... same reasons I'm sure. Haven't been in a Target since around 9-11-2001.

#15 Johnnash

Johnnash

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:43 PM

Nice bottles! I think I'll see if I can find them anywhere but Target too... same reasons I'm sure. Haven't been in a Target since around 9-11-2001.

I have 5 750's with flip tops, came from my fathers basement when he died. I have used them for extra juice for topping. They are old and dont close as tightly as the grolsch bottles do.
This is too good.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users