#16 Whackfol

Whackfol

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:26 PM

Grapenuts:

The following are manufacturer web adresses from the different filler manufacturers I have researched:

www.perugini-enoagricole.it MEP - St pats has these
www.zambellienotech.it Zambelli Enotech
www.tem.it Toscana Enologica Mori (TEM)
www.enotecnicapillan.it Enotecnica Pillan
www.gai-it.com GAI - AWS Prospero has these
www.fratellimarchisio.com F Ili Marchisio - If I properly identified the models, these seem to be widely distributed from many of the sources listed on WP. Also the most rebranded
www.grifomarchetti.com Grifo Marchetti
www.spagni.com Spagni

I have not made a purchase yet. I ended up using my old fillers for my last batch and now have a few more months to decide whihc I want to purchase. The confusing part to me is that US retailers seem to rename (or rebrand) the models and it becomes difficult to compare different versions and accessories from information they provide. My ending up with manufacturer web sites was for comparison purposes. Now I need to tie distributor/retailer models with manufacturer models.

Grapenuts, I enjoyed following your search for the air drive pump and look forward to your sharing what you learn as you research fillers.

Whack

#17 grapenuts

grapenuts

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Grapenuts:

The following are manufacturer web adresses from the different filler manufacturers I have researched:

www.perugini-enoagricole.it MEP - St pats has these
www.zambellienotech.it Zambelli Enotech
www.tem.it Toscana Enologica Mori (TEM)
www.enotecnicapillan.it Enotecnica Pillan
www.gai-it.com GAI - AWS Prospero has these
www.fratellimarchisio.com F Ili Marchisio - If I properly identified the models, these seem to be widely distributed from many of the sources listed on WP. Also the most rebranded
www.grifomarchetti.com Grifo Marchetti
www.spagni.com Spagni

I have not made a purchase yet. I ended up using my old fillers for my last batch and now have a few more months to decide whihc I want to purchase. The confusing part to me is that US retailers seem to rename (or rebrand) the models and it becomes difficult to compare different versions and accessories from information they provide. My ending up with manufacturer web sites was for comparison purposes. Now I need to tie distributor/retailer models with manufacturer models.

Grapenuts, I enjoyed following your search for the air drive pump and look forward to your sharing what you learn as you research fillers.

Whack

Hey whack, thanks for responding. I will continue my search for fillers - I will let you know what I find out and place it on this thread. Regarding the pump - I purchased it but it still needs modifications and then I can mount it to the cart I purchased.

#18 Crazy Run Ranch

Crazy Run Ranch

_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4031 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

grapenuts,
Napa Fermentation has 2 bottle Zambelli Tivoli fillers. Now would be a great time to check with them (or MoreWine) about a pre-season sale. My Marchesio was several hundred off during MoreWine sale. I recommend going with an electronic level control, so much better than a float. Maybe MW could order a 2 spout Marchisio.

#19 grapenuts

grapenuts

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

grapenuts,
Napa Fermentation has 2 bottle Zambelli Tivoli fillers. Now would be a great time to check with them (or MoreWine) about a pre-season sale. My Marchesio was several hundred off during MoreWine sale. I recommend going with an electronic level control, so much better than a float. Maybe MW could order a 2 spout Marchisio.

I saw the zambelli fillers, I am very early in my research and I really do not know what I am looking at or for. I like that layout of marchisio hobby better than the tivoli - it is hard to tell from pics. I wish I could see these fillers before I purchased one.

It sounds like you got a great deal on your filler crazy. If you had a choice of 4 filler or 2 filler what machine do you think is best?

#20 Crazy Run Ranch

Crazy Run Ranch

_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4031 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

It sounds like you got a great deal on your filler crazy. If you had a choice of 4 filler or 2 filler what machine do you think is best?

I think function is the same, its just throughput. I don't think 2 spouts are much less than 4 so I would go 4. But I typically bottle 2 barrels (50-55 cases) at a time. If you plan to grow larger, consider that as well.
After using both siphon style multi-spouts and the more expensive gravity fillers (spout at the bottom of tank), go with the more expensive machine if you can swing it.

#21 grapenuts

grapenuts

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:27 AM

I think function is the same, its just throughput. I don't think 2 spouts are much less than 4 so I would go 4. But I typically bottle 2 barrels (50-55 cases) at a time. If you plan to grow larger, consider that as well.
After using both siphon style multi-spouts and the more expensive gravity fillers (spout at the bottom of tank), go with the more expensive machine if you can swing it.

If given the choice would you purchase your hooby 4 or some other filler? Is it built well?

#22 Crazy Run Ranch

Crazy Run Ranch

_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4031 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

I would buy the Hobby 4 again, no regrets. All the versions of this filler just add things to the base (Hobby) unit. The Plus is floor standing, and the other models add pumps and filters. I prefer the bench model since I use one long bench for sparging, filling, and corking. I prefer using my own pump and don't filter.
It may seem surprising that I added level controls and made a few mods to mine but still really like it. That's because the core engineering is very good. It just needed a couple tweeks to make it better as I outlined in my previous posts.

#23 grapenuts

grapenuts

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

Thanks good advice. It seems like the hobby is basically the same unit whether a 2 or 4 spout.

#24 Whackfol

Whackfol

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:09 PM

Well, I finally made a decision and went the the Marchisio 4 spout Hobby. After actually touching and testing the Zambelli Tivoli and the GAI 2004, I liked them better. The MEP sold by St Pats with the sparger was also tempting. However, for my purposes and with over $800 savings, the Marchisio is the way to go. I only need to bottle 25 to 30 cases per hour. I have not recieved the filler yet and welcome any advice on using a pump and float switch with it. Mine will have the float attachment.

Whack

#25 Crazy Run Ranch

Crazy Run Ranch

_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4031 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Congrats on the purchase Whack!
For a pump control, you basically need a pump relay and level switches. I bought a St. Pat's closeout level controller which I see is no longer available. That OK, you can source the pieces elsewhere. I ended up building my own brackets anyway. Here's and example of a pump relay:

http://www.liquidlevel.com/products_accessories_relays_dual.asp

Here's some switches:

http://www.liquidlevel.com/products_switches_standard_vt_LS-209.asp

You would need two switches, high and low level. Then build some brackets to hold the switches and you are good to go. If you need ideas on brackets, I can post what I built.

#26 naper wine guy

naper wine guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Bears, Wine, Cubs, Wine, Golf, Wine, running - - you get the idea, right?

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

I found this catalogue on-line, and was checking the prices of the Marchisio bottle filler. At $59 - that seems crazy low doesn't it? Anyone have experience with this filler? Does it have an auto fill-stop features? Is it used with a vacuum pump?

edited with link added for catalogue (bottle filler is on page 20 of catalogue)

http://www.ginopinto.com/catalogs/publisher%202000%20Retail_Catalog_July%202010.pdf
In vino veritas.

Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users