• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jagsroy

jagsroy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:03 AM

I am looking for information on Nero D'Avola wine kits, in particular from the RQ 2008 RJ Spagnols series.

1) What type of wine does this compare to? Is is similar to a Syrah?
2) Who produce the best Nero D'Avola wine kits?
3) I would like to hear from those who have made the RQ 2008 Nero D'Avola by RJ Spagnols.

S. Roy
Bulk Ageing: Kenridge Founders Series Grenache/Syrah/Mouvedre (x2) (July 2010) / Winexpert Italian Montepulciano (July 2010) Winexpert Pinot Grigio (July 2010) / Advintage La Masseria (August 2010)
Primary: Kenridge Founders Series Carmenera (October 2010) / Kenridge Founders Series Syrah (October 2010)

#2 SandSquid

SandSquid

Look Out Ernest & Julio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts
  • Interests:Life, Liberty....... and the persuit of all who threaten them!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (jagsroy @ Dec 7 2008, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3) I would like to hear from those who have made the RQ 2008 Nero D'Avola by RJ Spagnols.

I have some that a buddy of mine made, thas been in the bottle for only 3 moths that is stellar! Ti was the reason I jumped on it while it was still available.
Mine has finished secondary and ready for stabilization, right now. I'll let you know how it is (very young) in a few hours!

--
V/R
The SandSquid

#3 cpfan

cpfan

Kits are My Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4917 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:25 AM

At this late date, I don't know where to get a description of the RQ Nero d'Avola, but here is the description from Vineco's Ken Ridge Showcase kit coming in March.

The Wine:
Nero d’Avola, “The Black Grape of Avola” (Avola is a small town in southeast Sicily), accounts for about 13% of the total vineyards planted in Sicily. Nero d’Avola is often compared to new world Shiraz, with many similar attributes. Expect a wine that is deeply coloured, with youthful firm tannins, rich ripe fruit and a full body. Aromas and flavours of sweet juicy plums and black pepper spice will dominate. The perfect cellar candidate, after six to twelve months of aging the tannins will mellow and the flavours will harmonize.

Steve

the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
"why do today what you can put off till next week"

#4 jagsroy

jagsroy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (cpfan @ Dec 7 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At this late date, I don't know where to get a description of the RQ Nero d'Avola, but here is the description from Vineco's Ken Ridge Showcase kit coming in March.

Steve

I didn't realize Vineco made this wine. Thatnk for the description Steve.

S. Roy
Bulk Ageing: Kenridge Founders Series Grenache/Syrah/Mouvedre (x2) (July 2010) / Winexpert Italian Montepulciano (July 2010) Winexpert Pinot Grigio (July 2010) / Advintage La Masseria (August 2010)
Primary: Kenridge Founders Series Carmenera (October 2010) / Kenridge Founders Series Syrah (October 2010)

#5 cpfan

cpfan

Kits are My Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4917 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (jagsroy @ Dec 7 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't realize Vineco made this wine. Thatnk for the description Steve.

I guess my description wasn't totally clear. Like the RQ, this is a limited edition coming in March. I was thinking about ordering one but too many other choices above it on my list (even checked the list two or twelve times).

Steve
the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
"why do today what you can put off till next week"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users