• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 LaRosa

LaRosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

The key to good deviled eggs is definetly the horseradish but I just use weber's mustard (a mustard with horseradish in it unique to buffalo, ny), i use miracle whip lite (mayo yuck haha), mix with chives sp, top with paprika.

And croat how do you make your pickled eggs? My cousins from jessup penn introduced me to these, beet juice, onions, vinegar, sugar water i cant remember exactly the measurents. But good with some pepper on it and combined with genny cream ale (cheap beer from rochester ny) will result in poisin gas!!! These were in every 'gin mill' they told me sometimes had polish sausage in there too

#17 croat

croat

Nooooooo!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4070 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

A gallon jar, can of beets with juice (the pickled kind) I think its 2 dozen boiled eggs, red onions sliced, vinegar, water, and salt.

Is good, going to try mustard eggs this time round.

http://www.tallcakes...stard-Eggs.aspx

100_5539.jpg

Bordailles Rouge | Organic Banana | Lemon | Black Cherry Pinot Noir | Rhubarb/Berry- Pear (Vanilla)
VR Zinfandel | RJ Concord | Damson Plum/Pomegranate | Cranberry/Zinfandel | Cranberry Apple Chablis

#18 croat

croat

Nooooooo!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4070 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

One hellava combo, beet/mustard/spicy eggs :)

Spicy-Pickled-Eggs.jpg

Bordailles Rouge | Organic Banana | Lemon | Black Cherry Pinot Noir | Rhubarb/Berry- Pear (Vanilla)
VR Zinfandel | RJ Concord | Damson Plum/Pomegranate | Cranberry/Zinfandel | Cranberry Apple Chablis

#19 geohen

geohen

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, winemsking, History Buff, hobby farming

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

Croat;

Those aren't some of the duck eggs I gave you. They do look good.

Just Ducky

#20 croat

croat

Nooooooo!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4070 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Haa ... no .... I did hard boil many of those and to the point where the white was cooked and the yolk was very soft!

Was amazing with some spicy salt sprinkled on it .... thanks again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users