4 replies to this topic

#1 Haagen

Haagen

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:45 PM

Has anyone gone to the such lengths as branding their corks? I've toyed with the idea but can't see much point as I don't even bother slapping a label or capsule on my plonk. One day however, the urge may strike.

I assume it's just a question of making some sort of wire brander and burning each cork??

#2 stevec

stevec

Idiot Savant (or perhaps just idiot)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Haagen @ May 25 2004, 06:11 PM)
Has anyone gone to the such lengths as branding their corks? I've toyed with the idea but can't see much point as I don't even bother slapping a label or capsule on my plonk.

plonk

n 1: (British and Australian) a cheap wine of inferior quality

Now, Haagen, surely your wine is better than you let on!?
With, without
And who'll deny that's what the fighting's all about

#3 Haagen

Haagen

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:16 PM

I jest of course Stevey. I've been told that my wine is now achieving prices that I once thought would be impossible. Just the other day I got .50c for a whole bottle of wine

Hey Steve, I've been to Tuscon. You still got them funny looking birds that run around on the ground that get chased by coyotes. They go "beep beep". biggrin.gif

#4 stevec

stevec

Idiot Savant (or perhaps just idiot)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4591 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Haagen @ May 25 2004, 06:42 PM)
Hey Steve, I've been to Tuscon. You still got them funny looking birds that run around on the ground that get chased by coyotes. They go "beep beep". biggrin.gif

Yup, still have plenty of roadrunners around to fill the pot. I never thought of them as funny looking until now, though. You're right.
Yet the Kookaburras I saw in Sydney were a funny looking lot too!

Nearly pancaked a mangy coyote today on my way down south. Could have sworn a small car was beeping at me at the time yet none were near..........hmmmmmmmm

[I hope that was 50c U.S.] tongue.gif

Steve
With, without
And who'll deny that's what the fighting's all about

#5 Haagen

Haagen

Veteran Wine Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:53 PM

They're funny but cute. Koobaburras are just plum thick, that's why they laugh at everything. They can't do anything seriously.

That coyote, he wasn't driving a '56 Acme Convertible wuz he? biggrin.gif

Not US$0.50... I haven't expanded my overseas markets just yet but next year could be another story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users